Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: MastersForum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

01.02.2004, 18:45

Interview mit Hope

Original von AotSanctuary.com

Zitat

Vagabond_Kanta:
Can u tell us abit more about yourself?

Hope:
My name is Zeke, i'm 16 and live in Florida, USA.

Vagabond_Kanta:
How did u start playing AoM? Did u pay any other RTSs before AoM?

Hope:
I played AOC for a year and a half, I never passed 1750 though . I heard about AOM from someone and looked into it, I thought it looked cool and entered the alpha test competition
10,000 were chosen and we got to test AOM in its almost-finished stage

Vagabond_Kanta:
cool
how did the tests go? u enjoyed it?

Hope:
yeah it was heaps of fun
no recorded games was the best part

Vagabond_Kanta:
lol nice
You are considered to be an expert. How did this happen? To what do you owe becoming an expert?

Hope:
I never planned on being an expert, I never planned on winning anything either. I was 1800 for the first couple months of AOM and I was playing all of the civs.
Then I had played zeus a few times and really liked him, so I stuck with him and practised alot of strategies with him.
I went from 1800 to 2000+ in the matter of 2 days.

Vagabond_Kanta:
Yup most people probably learnt Zeus from ur recs
Why did u choose Zeus? and then Thor?

Hope:
I liked his myth unit bonus, and I was surprised that I could keep them alive so long by picking off enemy heroes with my archers.
I started working on thor to beat set, I switched from zeus when the set players figured out how to counter me.

Vagabond_Kanta:
hehe so Thor was cos of Set?

Hope:
yeah

Vagabond_Kanta:
why not Set then?

Hope:
Well I would consider my self nieve at the time, I didn't want to go along with the crowd and prefered to do my own thing. I regret doing that now, as I realise I could have been so much better if I used set.

Vagabond_Kanta:
how come?

Hope:
Well i'll put my current situation as an example, i'm playing isis, the "overpowered" civ at the moment and i'm in the top 10 on ESO. I can beat most other isis players too.

Vagabond_Kanta:
yeah i c

Hope:
So I can see for myself that if I was set then I could have done much better.

Vagabond_Kanta:
yup you are right

Hope:
With thor I could beat almost any set players except the top few players.

Vagabond_Kanta:
hehe... what do you think of TT expansion set?

Hope:
It's very different from aom, but I think i'd still prefer AOM to TT, because of autoqueue, titans, and atlanteans. Constant villager production used to be something just for the experts, now everyone and their dog can have 100% vill production.

Vagabond_Kanta:
lol so true
What about the balance of the game? Do you think 1.02 balanced the game?

Hope:
It's alot more balanced than AOM really, there's a few outstanding balance screws, but the overall balance is pretty good now. 1.02 didn't balance it but it sure brought it alot closer.

Vagabond_Kanta:
cool
most people still complain of Attl though? what do you think?

Hope:
I think they're too easy to spam, all of their units create way too fast and their economy is way too efficient for the amount of micro involved.

Vagabond_Kanta:
yeah no drop-sites give them a big boost to eco i think

Hope:
Yes and zero walking time when gathering from farms/wood/gold, when you take it for the span of the whole game there will be huge differences. Just for an example take a look at some of apostate's posts on MFO and look at the difference of an efficient econ vs average econ.

Vagabond_Kanta:
yeah true Do you have any idea about how to patch this?

Hope:
I think for sure cut katapeltes HP in half, give them a slight stronger bonus vs cav, this will mean they will counter cav and ONLY cav, which a unit of that strength and purpose should do. Put all military units training time up. I think the efficient econ + super spam uber military is the problem. So instead of nerfing the econ just nerf the units.

Vagabond_Kanta:
i agree

Hope:
But to go along with this you would need to tone down egypt. But the only problem about egy really is that they can hide behind their super defenses and pop out a titan. Just put the titan gate build time up another 20%

Vagabond_Kanta:
yup most people think Titan ruins the strat

Hope:
titan ruins the whole game..

Vagabond_Kanta:
lol
What do you think about the changes to different civs in TT? Most thnik Norse is really not viable anymore

Hope:
Norse is viable, they just have some very weak points which smart players will use to their advantage.

Vagabond_Kanta:
weak points?

Hope:
TA SUCK

Vagabond_Kanta:
lol true

Hope:
hehe

Vagabond_Kanta:
What are ur favorite Gods and units in TT?

Hope:
Even though I don't play him much, Zeus and colossus .

Vagabond_Kanta:
hehe...colossus rox!!

Hope:
sure do

Vagabond_Kanta:
What do you think of AoM community in general and also ESO experience (smurfing, self-rate, cheaters)?

Hope:
Smurfing and self-rate isn't good, cheaters I haven't really encountered many of those. Self-rate is just stupid and totally un-needed.

Vagabond_Kanta:
agree it obviously does not cut smurfing and also rating decay

Hope:
Rating decay... now that's something good, it forces people higher rated to play, which means nobody can point sit.

Vagabond_Kanta:
hehe

Hope:
I dissagree with the mon-wed etc.. though, it should just be 1 week and 60 points for top 100.

Vagabond_Kanta:
yup
You have been to WCG last year... Can u tell us a bit about ur experience over there?

Hope:
It was awesome, really nice to meet all of the other players and to hang out. Everyone was cool, but nobody saw much of the french players .

Vagabond_Kanta:
lol...how come?

Hope:
No idea, they were never around.

Vagabond_Kanta:
hehe
u plan to go to next WCG as well?

Hope:
Of course, how could I miss out on that great experience again!

Vagabond_Kanta:
Any last tips for the new players who wanna become good?

Hope:
Sure, copy an experts play style then develop you're own.
here's just a few tips to get to the top of the stack very very easily: keep everything doing something, don't have idles, don't stop making military, don't stop making villagers. If you spend your resources and keep a tight economy you will see a big difference. Most players have huge amounts of resources in the bank and ask: why did I lose he had so many more units than me!

Vagabond_Kanta:
lol true...with auto-que i guess speed doesnt matter much anymore

Hope:
To a certain extent no.

Vagabond_Kanta:
gl in ur games and thx a lot for this nice interview

Hope:
no problem

Attached Image:

01.02.2004, 21:08

RE: Interview mit Hope

Zitat

Original von faKe_
Original von AotSanctuary.com

Zitat

Hope:
It's very different from aom, but I think i'd still prefer AOM to TT, because of autoqueue, titans, and atlanteans. Constant villager production used to be something just for the experts, now everyone and their dog can have 100% vill production.

Hope:
titan ruins the whole game..

Hope:
Smurfing and self-rate isn't good, cheaters I haven't really encountered many of those. Self-rate is just stupid and totally un-needed.

Der Mann denkt wie ich ! :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »CF_Widowmaker« (01.02.2004, 21:10)

01.02.2004, 21:10

so denkt doch jeder ^^

01.02.2004, 21:21

Zitat

I think for sure cut katapeltes HP in half, give them a slight stronger bonus vs cav, this will mean they will counter cav and ONLY cav, which a unit of that strength and purpose should do

:respekt:

01.02.2004, 21:23

ich hab doch schon immer gesagt das die katapeltes meine TA rocken :stupid:

01.02.2004, 21:32

jaja. hört hört der hope ist nämlich so einer der denkt wenn er ganz viel spielen tut, dass ihn keiner schlagen kann :D

PS: sorry das musste sein hrhr

01.02.2004, 21:33

Zitat

Original von BiberBruderVisi
jaja. hört hört der hope ist nämlich so einer der denkt wenn er ganz viel spielen tut, dass ihn keiner schlagen kann :D

PS: sorry das musste sein hrhr

da muss ich dir sogar recht geben :P. Nachdem er die Quali in den USA gewonnen hat, hat er mir in msn dauernd erzählt, wie gut er mit Thor gegen Set spielen kann, und das wenn er mehr spielen würde, er locker in den top 10 in der ladder wäre :/

Beruf: GER

• Nachricht senden

01.02.2004, 21:36

katape rulen alles -.- die gehn so auf die nüsse

01.02.2004, 22:13

RE: Interview mit Hope

Zitat

Hope:
Sure, copy an experts play style then develop you're own.
here's just a few tips to get to the top of the stack very very easily: keep everything doing something, don't have idles, don't stop making military, don't stop making villagers. If you spend your resources and keep a tight economy you will see a big difference. Most players have huge amounts of resources in the bank and ask: why did I lose he had so many more units than me!

Ja thx, jetzt werd ich bestimmt PROFI :stupid:

01.02.2004, 23:38

Wir denken einfach zu kompliziert deshalb sind wir so schlecht ;)
Dabei isses doch sooo einfach ^^

02.02.2004, 00:41

Der Hope gefällt mir :)

Einfach viel spielen und bei nix "stoppen", dann wird man schon Top 10 :respekt:

02.02.2004, 13:37

Ich finde den nicht so toll ^^

02.02.2004, 13:51

Hope sieht sogar gut aus O_O

02.02.2004, 14:02

Schreib ihm doch nen Liebesbrief :rolleyes: :D

02.02.2004, 15:19

Negator/masturbator (15:16) :
Lieber Plah,
ich muss dir gestehen, jedesmal wenn ich mit dir anfange zu chatten , wird mein Glied härter und ich muss meine Hose weiter aufmachen. Geht es dir genauso? Was ich eigentlich sagen will ist, dass ich dich nicht nur sehr gerne mag, nein , ich liebe dich! Ich hoffe wir können eine schöne gemeinsame Zeit miteinander Verbringen HasimausischnuckelAoEGoD ;-) .
Kuss , Nega

thx -_-

02.02.2004, 15:51

oh man in aoc nichmal 1800 aber in tt top 10 ;)

02.02.2004, 20:00

Zitat

Original von a-L.MSI|plah
Negator/masturbator (15:16) :
Lieber Plah,
ich muss dir gestehen, jedesmal wenn ich mit dir anfange zu chatten , wird mein Glied härter und ich muss meine Hose weiter aufmachen. Geht es dir genauso? Was ich eigentlich sagen will ist, dass ich dich nicht nur sehr gerne mag, nein , ich liebe dich! Ich hoffe wir können eine schöne gemeinsame Zeit miteinander Verbringen HasimausischnuckelAoEGoD ;-) .
Kuss , Nega

thx -_-

roooooofl ^^ 11 :bounce: :respekt: :respekt:

02.02.2004, 20:46

plah, jetzt fehlt nur noch das passende *.gif :)

02.02.2004, 21:41

Mal sehen. Ich möchte es am Anfang unserer Beziehung nicht übertreiben :)