Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: MastersForum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

a-L.MSI|Melancholy

unregistriert

13.02.2004, 11:18

Interview with pG_fire, WCG2003 champion in AoM

13.02.2004, 12:40

Juhuu! War ja nur eine Frage der Zeit :)

*argl* hab da kein account kann das jemand rauskopieren? :(

13.02.2004, 12:41

mach dir doch einen :stupid: :P

13.02.2004, 12:47

thx liebe soviel Hilfsbereitschaft linux :(

Zitat

Vagabond_Kanta
Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

pG_fire:
I am Andrew Regendantz. I am 17 years old and live in germany, but I am originally australian. I visit 13th class on a german high school and going to finish it in 3 months.

Vagabond_Kanta
How did u start playing AoM? Did u play any other RTS games before? IF so, were u successful in them as well?

pG_fire:
I started playing RTS games with C&C3 and was Top50 in the ladder at that time (I was 13).
Then I changed to aoe2 and made it to the wcgc 2000 at the age of 14.
After that I changed to aoc and was quite successful winning some tournaments, being best german player and going to the wcg 2001 and 2002.
At the end of 2002 I changed to aom, because I knew it would be next wcg game instead of aoc... also, I like the aom graphics more than aoc.

Vagabond_Kanta
wow u were at wcg when u were 14

pG_fire:
yes :D

Vagabond_Kanta
how did u do in that wcg?

pG_fire:
I was youngest player at wcgc
I lost all my games :D

Vagabond_Kanta
ah hehe :)

pG_fire:
I was with Kaiser_Willhelm, KenDX and DevilZ_Loko in a group, which all were 2.2k +

Vagabond_Kanta
cool i am sure it was a great experience for you

pG_fire:
yeah :D

Vagabond_Kanta
How did u become an expert? Everyone envies ur way of playing (including me)...It is simply perfect playing.

pG_fire:
I think one big advantage I have, is my experience, because I have been playing for such a long time. Also, I try to concentrate as much as possible and try not to do any mistakes. And because of my large tournament experience I don't get nervous anymore and know how to be prepared properly for a important match.

Vagabond_Kanta
nice...With this much tournament experience do u consider urself a pro-gamer?

pG_fire:
I don't consider myself as pro gamer, because pro gamers usually just play computer games and earn their money like that. I just play besides school (my main "job") and try to give my best.

Vagabond_Kanta
i c...
In AoM you are good with all civs but especially great with Greeks... Why did u choose Greeks and kept playing them even in the time of Age of Ra?

pG_fire:
I chose them, because they were like huns in aoc, with their cavalary for raiding and their similar playing style. I stayed with poseidon, because I mainly didn't really care, if I lost games or not in rated. After that I changed to set, when the "big" tournaments where coming up.

Vagabond_Kanta
What do you think about Atlanteans and titans that are added with titan expansion?

pG_fire:
I don't really like titans and atlanteans. The economy of the atlanteans is too easy to manage and their units seem a bit too strong, especially katas. The Titan is too strong, also, and I think ES should have nerfed him, instead of putting the build time up, because as soon as a titan has been built, you have won the game in 90% of the games.

Vagabond_Kanta
yeah many experts complain that even a 1800 player in vanilla can beat a 2k player with Titans

pG_fire:
If a 1800 player can build a titan vs a 2k player, then the 2k player was too stupid ^^

Vagabond_Kanta
lol right
What about auto-que? They say it noobified the game a lot especially when combined with Atlanteans

pG_fire:
I don't really mind, that ES added the auto-que button. It makes it easier for the worse players, but it doesn't give a huge advantage. At the start of TT I was using it, but I stopped using it, because I noticed, it makes me slower and is bad in some situations.

Vagabond_Kanta
i c So, it doesnt close the gap between experts and new players u say?

pG_fire:
It closes it only very little

Vagabond_Kanta
nice to hear that What is ur favorite God to play with?

pG_fire:
Human!

Vagabond_Kanta
lol go tower rush go!

pG_fire:
nah, I love playing with Poseidon and Zeus and in 1.06 set war was soooo much fun

Vagabond_Kanta
really? most find it very boring and curse Set for it

pG_fire:
yeah I loved set war :D

Vagabond_Kanta
lol k
What is ur playing style? Are u an aggressive player or u like to outboom ur opponent?

pG_fire:
I don't have any special playing style. Sometimes I like booming and othertimes go as fast as possible to classical age and kill the enemy :rolleyes: I did that at the start of aom with 4:45 classical time and 2 offense stable with poseidon

Vagabond_Kanta
yeah i remember that recs they were great :)
What do u think about the balance of the game at the moment?

pG_fire:
I think atlanteans are still too strong, with their easy/good economy and their strong army. It is very hard to beat them, and u are not allowed to do any mistake

Vagabond_Kanta
yeah i agree do u have any idea about how to patch this?

pG_fire:
I have never thought about, because it isnt my job to do that

Vagabond_Kanta
lol right
What do u think about the community and ESO(smurfing+self-rate)?

pG_fire:
I think self-rate was the worst idea, ES ever had. I really dont see, how It should help ESO, it only lets the "good" players get faster to a higher rating. Smurfing is probably mainly because people are scared to lose their good rating and want to show off with it. I was smurfing a lot in aom classic too, but also always tried to use my highest nick as much as possible
In wc3 there is less smurfing, because u only lose very slow ur level

Vagabond_Kanta
yep very true
u play wc3 too... Which one do find a better game as a RTS game wc3 or AoM?

pG_fire:
I think both games are very good games, but the higher number of wc3 gamers make wc3 more interesting. For wc3 u need more micro than in aom, but aom needs more macro than wc3, which is both interesting

Vagabond_Kanta
yeah i saw ur micro in ur last AoM games i guess wc3 helped u a lot with micro :)

pG_fire:
I am quite annoyed I can't heal my units in aot. I then have 10 20% hp hippikons standing in my base, but don't know to do with them :)

Vagabond_Kanta
lol yeah no scroll of healing

pG_fire:
yeah :D

Vagabond_Kanta
hehe
you became WCG champion in the last WCG
Can u tell us a bit how ur experience were there? and how u prepared for it?

pG_fire:
WCG in Korea was cool like every year. The organisation is always perfect and hotel/food is good and free. 2 months before WCG I had my summer holidays, where I played up to 10 hours a day for about 1-2 week. After that I had less time because of school / football and played about 2-4 hours daily

Vagabond_Kanta
wow u practiced a lot for sure

pG_fire:
yeah I had to get good in set war :D

Vagabond_Kanta
lol right
Who were ur toughest opponents there? Even though u didnt lose a single game :P

pG_fire:
grunt was my hardest opponent. He was very very good and I needed 1 hour to win a game on medi with 4 vs 2 tc's. I was really happy after I won that game, but very exhausted also. The first final game vs Shiautz was very hard too, and it was very close inbetween

Vagabond_Kanta
yea they were real hard games i watched them...
U plan to go to next WCG as well i guess?

pG_fire:
I am planning to yeah. I will have to wait and see in which game I will participate. Either wc3 or aom...

Vagabond_Kanta
go for both :P

pG_fire:
too hard :D
I need to conentrate on one game :D

Vagabond_Kanta
hehe yeah
Any last tips for the new players who wanna become good?

pG_fire:
I think it is very important to play a lot and try to become better and think about ur mistakes, after u have lost a game

Vagabond_Kanta
yup learning from losses is the key to become expert i guess

pG_fire:
yeah

Vagabond_Kanta
i have a personal question^^

pG_fire:
ok

Vagabond_Kanta
What control groups do u use to which units?

pG_fire:
It is always different in games. I dont have any number that I use each time for the units. But mostly I use number 1 for hippikons to raid T_T

Vagabond_Kanta
k thx :)
good luck to you for the next WCG

pG_fire:
thx

Vagabond_Kanta
and thx a lot for this nice interview

pG_fire:
np...It was fun for me too

PS: Fire wanted me to add that he apologizes for his bad English even though i found his English close to perfect... :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »XaoMat« (13.02.2004, 12:48)

13.02.2004, 12:48

Zitat

Original von pG_fire
I am Andrew Regendantz. I am 17 years old and live in germany, but I am originally australian. I visit 13th class on a german high school and going to finish it in 3 months.

wenn er 17 ist und jetzt schon abi macht, hat er dann eine klasse übersprungen, oder wurde er früher eingeschult?

13.02.2004, 12:49

is ja net schwer einen zu machn^^;)

13.02.2004, 13:07

bei uns haben 2 leute mit 17 ihr abitur bereits in der tasche

die wurden ein jahr früher eingeschult und haben in der P-Klasse teilgenommen, d.h. sie sind zusammen in einer klasse von der stufe 7 - 10, aber brauchen dafür statt 4 nur 3 jahre , und sind ab klasse 11 wieder im normalen unterricht dabei. sie haben in den 4 jahren exakt das selbe gemacht, nur schneller halt. ka ob fire sowas ähnliches macht

back 2 topic : naja wirklich neues erfährt man ja nicht, trotzdem interressant zu lesen

</td></tr></table></td></tr></table>
<table width="20"><tr><td><br><hr><hr><hr></td>

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SiA_MaxPower« (13.02.2004, 17:27)

13.02.2004, 13:12

des mit P Klasse gibt es bei uns auch. erst gab es des Versuchsweise, dass eine Klasse in 8 Jahren Abi macht. Jetzt bekommt ganz BaWü ein achtjähriges Gymnasium. D.h: alle Schüler in BaWü, die ab dem nächsten Jahr aufs Gymnasium kommen, haben nur 8 Jahre vor sich. zu wählen gibt es nichts mehr

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »The_Little« (13.02.2004, 13:13)

13.02.2004, 13:15

kein gejammer über rq und titan, nur sachliche kritik :)

bleib ruhig bei wc3 für die wcg, sonst weiss ich doch schon, was in der ersten runde passiert ;(

:D

13.02.2004, 13:35

Wie gut is Fire eigentlich in WC3?

13.02.2004, 13:48

Seinen höchsten Account den ich kenne ist atm 18. Ansonsten schließe ich mich Tears an, besonders seine Einstellung zum Repeat Button hat mir sehr gut gefallen.

13.02.2004, 13:50

Ich war bis letzte woche level 22, hab dann aber fünf level verloren und mittlerweile wieder einen gewonnen, also level 18 ^^

13.02.2004, 13:55

Ist Level 22 eher gut oder schlecht?

Würde mich schon interessieren, wie man als AOM Spieler bei WC3
zurecht kommt.....

13.02.2004, 13:56

kann man lvl. 18 irgendwie mit nem aom-rate vergleichen?

lvl17=1700 oder so O_o

13.02.2004, 14:26

die asiaten rulen alles^^ die haben bis lvl 50, in europa 44 glaube ich, 22 is für mich damn good^^--->22 is ziemlich gut

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »linux« (13.02.2004, 14:27)

13.02.2004, 14:28

FodA_Ravage der damals auch AoM gespielt hat war letztens noch auf lvl 24

jeztzt übrigens bei uns im wc3 squad

so als balance vergleich

13.02.2004, 14:50

Ich denke eh, dass er bei der naechsten WCG AoM spielen wird, nicht Wc3.
Immerhin gehoert er in AoM klar zu den Besten und in Wc3...

:-/

13.02.2004, 15:02

Yeah, Set War ownte. Das war wenigstens noch Skill,im Vergleich,was jetzt los is :)

13.02.2004, 15:11

Zitat

Original von [pG]fire_de
Ich war bis letzte woche level 22, hab dann aber fünf level verloren und mittlerweile wieder einen gewonnen, also level 18 ^^

Da muss man ja richtig rechnen ;)

Aber 18 wird wohl nicht für WCG reichen.
Aber da muss man ja noch den Fire endspurt dazurechen ;)

Kevinho

Erleuchteter

Beruf: GER

• Nachricht senden

13.02.2004, 16:17

er hat noch 6 monate zeit also das ist bissl mehr als nen endspurt oder?

aber unter die erstens 2-3 ist natürlich schon heftig

13.02.2004, 16:35

Zitat

Original von a-L.MSI|Haunted
FodA_Ravage der damals auch AoM gespielt hat war letztens noch auf lvl 24

jeztzt übrigens bei uns im wc3 squad

so als balance vergleich

afaik lvl 30

Beruf: GER

• Nachricht senden

13.02.2004, 16:44

Zitat

Original von [pG]water_de
Yeah, Set War ownte. Das war wenigstens noch Skill,im Vergleich,was jetzt los is :)

13.02.2004, 17:26

RaVaGe ist lvl 31 glaub ich und lvl 30+ Spieler gibt es ein paar dutzend in Deutschland, um sich für die WCG zu qualifizieren braucht man also eher so lvl 35 und es würd mich wirklich wundern wen Fire das schaffen würde :D

13.02.2004, 17:50

hab noch zeit T_T

13.02.2004, 17:51

Fire trau ich in der Hinsicht alles zu.

13.02.2004, 17:53

Zitat

Original von Divus

Zitat

Original von [pG]water_de

Brauchst gar kein ... hinmachen,denn das entsprcuht der Wahrheit :)

13.02.2004, 18:05

10 stunden set spielen am tag >>thx

13.02.2004, 18:14

btw was macht ihr mit dem forum hier? ;D